As we resume playing basketball, the safety of our athletes and fans remains a priority. While we advise that it is impossible for Tournament of Champions (or any company, organization, or institution) to completely shield anyone from exposure to COVID-19 (or any virus), the following measures are set forth to help reduce – but not eliminate – the possibility of exposure.
Coaches are required to health screen and temperature check each athlete each day before bringing them to the
venue, and sign a statement before each game stating that this has been done. No athlete may participate in the
event if they have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (100.4 degrees or higher) or chills
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
Further, athletes must wear a face mask when inside playing venues except during games.
TEAM AND COACH PRECAUTIONS
- Coaches will be required to health screen and temperature check athletes each day as noted above.
- Coaches who have any of the symptoms listed above may not coach for the duration of the event.
- Coaches must wear face masks when inside playing venues, except during games.
- Coaches should have athletes dress/stretch off site and plan to arrive at venues 20 minutes before game time.Coaches may not hold team meetings or otherwise congregate players inside venues.
- Lockers will not be utilized at any location.
- Drinking fountains will be disabled. Teams must provide their own bottled drinking water.
- Coaches are instructed to not bring basketballs or other training equipment into the venues.
- Three (3) basketballs per court will be provided and sanitized before each game.
All teams will play back to back games (with a short break in between). Coaches are instructed to immediately
remove their teams and parent group after the conclusion of their last game of the day.
- No daily tickets will be sold. Tickets are exclusively for family members of athletes and coaches.
- Tournament passes must be purchased in advance using a link provided by your child’s coach.
- Admission will be contactless; your child’s coach will provide credentials or you will receive a mobile barcode.
- If wristbands are used, the bearer is responsible for attaching and displaying it.
- Only twenty eight (28) chairs will be placed courtside for spectators. Spectators are asked not to move the
positioning of chairs.
- Any spectator with any of the symptoms listed above may not enter.
- Spectators are required to supply and wear a face mask at all times inside venues.
- We are advising anyone over the age of 65; anyone (of any age) with an underlying health condition or a
compromised immune system; or anyone who has any specific concerns about COVID-19 exposure to not attend.
STAFF AND OFFICIALS
- All staff and officials will have a temperature check and be screened for symptoms prior to beginning work.
- All staff are required to wear a face mask while on duty (excluding officials, who are advised to wear masks before and after games).
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all staff locations, and areas of staff and attendee interaction will be routinely sanitized.